Our Sac High Curriculum is based on the Common Core Standards, as well as State Standards for History and NGSS Standards for Science classes. The curriculum aligns to AP Exams, CAASPP, and rigorous benchmarks that prepare our scholars to go to and through college. Our classes follow the five part process for consistency and uniformity for scholars:
- Do Now – This is where scholars review and get opportunities to grapple with information from the prior day’s lesson, but also preview the upcoming lesson.
- Introduction to New Material – This section is all about providing information to scholars that is focused on the skill of the day. Learning is no secret! We want to ensure our scholars are equipped with the information they need to be successful!
- Guided Practice – During GP, our scholars get to work with their instructor to dive into practicing the skill and also receive feedback so that they can perfect their practice!
- Independent Practice – IP allows scholars to work independently with the skill to ensure proficiency. This builds autonomy and also provides opportunities for scholars to advocate for themselves when they need more support.
- Exit Ticket – The Exit Ticket is our way of ensuring scholars have mastered the objective/skill for the day! This is how we gather data and make informed decisions on next steps in our teaching for our scholars.
- Homework – A great opportunity for extended learning is homework. SCHS is working to develop a homework system that is organized and manageable for scholars and families. Scholars should receive homework for specific courses on specific days of each week. Please see the homework schedule below:
- Monday – ELA
- Tuesday – Math
- Wednesday – History/Electives
- Thursday – Science